It is with great pleasure to invite you to the International Conference of Lawyers organized by the Georgian Bar Association in Partnership with the European Association of Lawyers (AEA-EAL) on November 8-9, 2018, in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The work of a lawyer in a globalizing world is becoming more and more complex and challenging. Thus, it is of utmost importance for us – lawyers to stay connected and share our experiences for the benefit of stronger legal profession and rule of law in our countries.
The program of the Conference will explore the following topics:
(1) exclusivity of a lawyer in legal counseling and representation;
(2) Restriction of unlicensed practice of law;
(3) Road towards a European Convention on the Profession of Lawyer being drafted by the Council of Europe;
(4) The standards of entry into the legal profession
(5) Role of the Bar Associations and private lawyers in promotion of pro-bono legal services.
I believe the Conference will be a wonderful occasion not only for your professional development but also for personal enrichment, as it will provide a networking opportunity among successful and highly experienced lawyers from around the globe, international experts, representatives of international organizations, diplomatic circles as well as Governmental institutions.
The Conference will also offer a social program to allow participants to experience Georgian culture, ancient historic sites, food and wine.
Registrations and questions:[email protected]
See you in Tbilisi!
President of the Georgian Bar Association
Member of the AEA-EAL Board of Directors
Program of the conference for download: Draft Agenda Tbilisi